Wayward Goose Farm


Our farm website is here. A fantastic video of the farm is here. I'm the one with the nicest boots.

Today was rather tiring. Here is how it went:

1) First thing is milking, which I had to help with because we are short on hands (or elbows). Dad has cellulitis in his elbow, because he injured himself while catching a run away heifer, and it was all full of  fluid. He had to go to the doctor's today to have it drained, so my brother and I did the milking. After all the milking was over I took the cows up to pasture. Little did I know then how my life would be drastically altered in a few short seconds. I had forgotten to put the gates across, thereby leaving the entire driveway (which is very long) and front lawn completely open and begging for cows! I handily put up the one wire I could to keep the cows from the road, but that was the only good thing I did. After that I screamed for Peter to help and cried a little bit and generally had a small tantrum. I was very overwrought! Peter finally came out and we secured the cows after eons of herding them. A group of cows is a very intimidating thing, no matter the size, especially when they are excited. Our cows are exceedingly friendly, but they seemed extraordinarily devilish and basically I hated them at the time. They were in the garage!

2) After this Peter and I rode our bikes to Margot and Alex's house to play darts. I was horrible at darts and broke two of them. Also my bicycle bell broke!

3) I rode back home and took a 3 hour nap. When I woke up I ate yogurt, Peter and his girlfriend Abi left, and I did my homework while Mom and Dad went to milking.

4) I am now writing this post and it is almost time for dinner. Expect a special feature on the blog tomorrow, but please, don't be put out if it doesn't show up. As you can see, I have been exceptionally busy of late. Even if it does show up, please, don't expect much, because we all know things are rolling further downhill around here on a daily basis.

Bonne nuit!



No comments:

Post a Comment